A type of device that is used to grind or powder the material such as the preparation of cement, fertilizers, petrochemical, steel, and other chemicals. It comprises four basic parts that include a conveyer belt, load cell, Taches, and the AC source.
The raw material is released from the storage tank and flows on the conveyer belt which is connected to the load cell. The weight of the material that is placed on the conveyer belt is continuously checked by the weightometer. The taches is also termed as the tachometer which consists of the speed sensor and continuously checked the speed. The weigh feeder feeds soda ash water with water to keep its pH neutralizes to 7. It prevents the contamination of the product. The belt has a speed sensor measure the 1 feet per minute. Sometimes the weigh feeder exhibits the fluctuation in the reading so that the electrical amplifiers are used to show the measurements digitally.
Principle of Weigh Feeder:
- The current value of the weigh feeder remains constant while the speed varies with the applied load on the conveyer belt.
- The closed-loop controller in the weigh feeder provides the signals either the speed of the conveyor belt if high or low.
- The control system is connected with computer processes to get the results digitally and reduces the chance of error.
- To remove the slug from the material, many kinds of vibratory bins, screw feeder, rotatory airlocks to prevent any type of contamination.
The weightometer estimated the mass of the product which is transported on the weigh feeder belt. The weightometer is hanged like a swing above the belt while near to the hopper. The mass of the product which technician puts on the weigh feeder belt depends on the speed and weight of the belt. The speed of the belt remains the same while the feeding rate may vary according to the efficacy of the weigh feeder hoppers. The weightometer measures the consumption of the product, balancing and discharge of the material conveyed on the belt, load limit signals, and metering hopper control. The magnets are also installed with the weightometer, it attracts any metal impurity including steel or iron, and puts them in a separate canal. A metal detector is usually connected with the weightometer case of metal detection in the sample. it is escaped from the sample and thus attracted by a magnet. Metal detection is a very important factor, it should be examined properly otherwise due to the impurity of metal, it can give negative results in measurements.
- The weightometer has importance due to the following factors:
- It prevents the loss of the input material.
It reduces the error while processing due to the amplification and the installation of the sensor. For more information visit our website: www.tecweigh.com.au